Monday, September 20, 2010

    Timing is everything...

    I'm an avid soccer fan (also known as "proper football"). That is one of the reasons I am on the United States Soccer Federation's (@ussoccer) email list. On Sunday I received the following email:


    While I appreciate the idea of having a USSF avatar, the first thought I had was Why didn't they send this out before and during the World Cup earlier this year? Okay... in the interest of full disclosure, my real first thought was When will the US Men's National Team finally get a red jersey? However, my second thought was about the timing. Sure, you can say that this avatar promo is better late than never, but considering the USSF got more media attention than ever during the recent World Cup and the last-minute winner against Algeria caused more soccer-related-excitement than this country has ever seen... why wasn't this in place to build upon the success? Just a thought. I'm sure there are reasons - resource limitations, nobody had thought of the idea before, etc. Just a reminder that if you can figure out a way to be ahead of such opportunities you will be your organizations Rock Star!

    All of which leads to the question: What lies ahead in the next month, 6 months or year that you could piggy-back on or build a campaign around?

    Since I don't want to end this without giving USSF some positive press... please take a moment and sign the petition to bring the World Cup back to the USA in either '18 or '22:



    P.S. Just in case you haven't seen the world's reaction to the goal v. Algeria I mentioned above:


    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment