Tuesday, October 12, 2010

    Twitter: Quality>Quantity

    I have seen this thread come up many times in my LinkedIn email updates and it finally pushed me over the edge today... so I am posting about auto-pilot Twitter account settings Through Non-Profit Eyes.

    Here is the thread I'm referring to:


    I'll admit, the first time I saw this I thought "Wow, that's sweet!" ... but as I started to look into the tools and better understand what the thread was suggesting, I realized it was the path to an empty list of followers. It should go without saying, but just in case: 100 quality, engaged followers is better than 10,000 disengaged followers. Hence the title of this post: Quality>Quantity.

    So my words of advice to non-profits starting Twitter accounts, blogs, Facebook pages, etc.:

    Focus on building quality relationships,
    rather than aiming for a number of fans or followers.
    If you build it (quality), they (quantity) will come.

    Some tips can be found on these pages:



    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment