Wednesday, November 24, 2010

    Best Practice: Thanksgiving Email Illustrating Impact

    As you might imagine, I get a number of Thanksgiving messages - email, social media, mail. I thought I would highlight one or two that best caught my attention, with a few insights. The first post was regarding an email I received from Earthjustice. The second post was about the EpicThanks campaign. This third post highlights a great email from Defenders of Wildlife that does an excellent job illustrating the impact the organization and, in turn, its donors had during the past year. Here is the email:


    A few notes on the email:
    • Great focus on impact, including links to five varied stories - at least one of which is likely to appeal to the recipient's passions.
    • The three images at the top make it more likely that the reader will connect with one of those animals, if not all three.
    • I appreciate the image of the organization's president, as it puts a personal face on the message and the organization.
    • The P.S. is a nice 'gift' to the recipient, but also engages the reader on an on-going basis, if they download the free wallpaper. There are actually 33 different wallpapers to choose from. Since I've always been a fan of otters - here's a look at my favorite:


    Kudos Defenders of Wildlife!

    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment