Sunday, November 7, 2010

    Best Practice: Engaging Volunteers to Illustrate Impact

    As some of you know, I like the work the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation do to fight for a cure for spinal cord injuries. @ReeveFoundation tweeted Saturday:


    Which led to a great example of using a volunteer's point-of-view to illustrate your organization's impact. Here is the story from the link:

    ---------------------------------

    Suzan Schumacher (pictured here with her family) sent this to us. She can't wait to run 26.2 miles on Sunday. Go figure!

    Why I Run the NYC Marathon with Team Reeve 2010:

    The mission is close to my heart. I am the Mama Bear of a wonderful pack--son, Eric (left), daughter Tina (right), and son-in-law Josh (center).

    Here are my top 10 reasons:

    10. I love running

    9. I love my husband, Gary

    8. I love running with my husband Gary

    7. New York City is cool

    6. Running with my husband in New York City is cool

    5. I love my kids, & my son-in-law who is paralyzed

    4. I love to do things that make a difference in my kids' world

    3. Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is making a difference through their research for 6 million people who are paralyzed

    2. I want to increase awareness about spinal cord injuries and raise money for research, treatment, & technological advances to assist the paralysis community

    1. If it weren't for technological advances, we would be running with boom boxes on our shoulders instead of ipods

    Thanks Suzan! Good luck.

    If you want to show your support, make a contribution to Suzan's Team Reeve page now.

    ---------------------------------

    It's simple, direct and powerful. It let's you know why this person is willing to run 26.2 miles for the organization. Have you done anything similar? Any other examples to share?

    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment