Sunday, April 18, 2010

    What next for USA Today's #AmericaWants campaign?

    I thought I would pull this bit out of the update posting and highlight it as its own discussion. What should USA Today do now that their #AmericaWants campaign is complete? Is there a way to build on the momentum of 60K+ tweets?

    That's what led me to this suggestion...

    If I were USA Today, I would be doing something like this on a more regular basis. Rather than invest as much as they have with a full-page advert in this competition, they could dedicate a smaller, currently non-revenue generating piece of print real estate: The USA Today Snapshot currently resides in the bottom left corner of the front page of each section (News, Money, Sports, Life, Specialty).

    I think it is safe to say the majority of USA Today's readers take a look at the "USA Today Snapshots." Why not give a monthly winner the opportunity to give a graphic representation of their cause in that space? Examples:
    • The Humane Society could run statistics relative to a current campaign;
    • The American Cancer Society could illustrate who/how/why people are impacted by the disease;
    • TWLOHA could shed light on depression statistics;
    • ...and I'm sure you can think of many other examples.
    To better illustrate this point, I took a charity:water image and created an example:

    What are your thoughts?

    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment