Wednesday, August 18, 2010

    #FollowFriday: Do you do it?

    So I recently was promoted as worthy of following on Twitter by @nonprofitorgs as a "#FollowFriday" designee:


    At first, I thought... "Wow... I'm going to get tons of followers because of this promo!" Reality set in shortly thereafter. Of @nonprofitorgs ~377K followers, three followed the suggestion. For those of you doing the math, that's about 0.00000796%. First, let me say I appreciate being designated as a #FF and won't look a gift horse in the mouth, so-to-speak. But it led me to question whether or not #FF had gone from being a positive Twitter hashtag to simply being noise in the system. That leads to two things:

    1) My two cents on listing others as worthy of #FF: Give a reason to follow. See the example below re: @rosettathurman (follow her!). It makes the user seem more worthy.


    2) This week's poll question:


    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment