Wednesday, August 18, 2010

    Sharing a post from @MadelynTeresa

    I have never flat-out copied another blogger's post... but there's a time for everything and that time is now. (Wow, that read like a movie-trailer for this post, didn't it?)

    A blog you should follow, @MadelynTeresa's My Nonprofit Experience, recently responded to Rush Limbaugh's claim that:
    “(Nonprofit employees are a)... bunch of lazy idiots. Many of them don’t want to really work. Non-profits siphon contributions, as their salaries and so forth, and think of themselves as good people, charitable people. I mean, these people are rapists, in terms of finance and economy.”
    Here is her response:

    According to Rush Limbaugh, as a nonprofit employee, I’m a lazy idiot and a rapist of the economy… and I don’t want to really work.

    Is he serious? Unfortunately, yes.

    Am I taking his comments personally? Yes, I am.

    The nonprofit field is driven by dedicated, mission-driven individuals who work to help, advocate, educate, and advance those who cannot do it for themselves. It is a personal field. I put my whole being (heart, mind, and body) into my work each and every day.

    By making those statements, Rush Limbaugh is making a personal attack on everyone involved in the nonprofit field, including professionals, volunteers, donors, supporters, and clients. We should ALL take his comments personally.

    Watch the You Tube video where Robert Egger, Founder and President of the DC Central Kitchen, author, speaker, blogger, and one of the “50 Most Important and Influential Nonprofit Leaders”, responds to Rush’s unfounded and outrageous attack on the nonprofit community.


    Kudos Madelyn - well said. Sign my name to that post/letter any day!

    Devin

    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment