Friday, July 23, 2010

    Update: Alyssa Milano's Old Spice Guy Challenge

    An update to my previous post on the Old Spice Guy, applying the strategy to NPOs and Alyssa Milano's challenge to Proctor & Gamble to give $100K to gulf cleanup efforts:

    Alyssa posted this full update, but some highlights are these snippets:
    Here’s where we are now… I’ve been speaking with Beth who isn’t from Procter & Gamble but from the PR firm that represents them (I think that’s where she is from. Wherever she is from, she has been wonderful in answering my many questions). Beth has told me about the abundant philanthropic partnerships Procter & Gamble has and donations they’ve made. As Beth proudly tells it: “In the last few months P&G donated 5x your requested donation to the International Bird Rescue Research Center and the Marine Mammal Center and they are about to start that campaign again, which should result in another donation of $500,000.” Beth has also shared that 12,000 bottles of Dawn Liquid Soap has been sent to clean the wildlife. This is awesome. Beyond awesome and it makes me happy (seriously, way to go P&G).

    This is all my roundabout way of saying it looks as though my specific challenge for National Wildlife Federation’s Gulf Coast Relief Fund will NOT be met by P&G BUT… the lovely Beth assures me that Proctor and Gamble would like to do something to acknowledge my challenge and will brainstorm some ideas.
    Learn more about:



    Related posts, by topic:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment